Love to engage people and share history? Vounteer Docent oportunity aboard a historic ship in the Richmond shipyard! Interested historic ships, the history of Richmond and the Kaiser shipyards, military history from WW II, Rosie the Riveter, the Merchant Marine, the Korean War, Vietnam, or all things nautical? Come ship with us as a docent aboard the SS Red Oak Victory!
We have a WWII Victory ship in need of engaging and informative people to bring her history to life! Help a determined group of volunteers restore a historic ship for generations to come!
The SS Red Oak Vicory is open to the public on weekends and two days during the week (Tuesday and Thursday) from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm. The environment is casual and the hours are flexible.
If you want to know more about any of our volunteer opportunities, please contact me by phone or email at the address below. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The crew has been working since 1998 to bring the ship back to life and we are hopeful to be able to light off the boilers in 2017 for the first time since 1968 when the ROV made its last voyage from Viet Nam to San Francisco.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
- Adult Education
- General Education
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Lots of walking up and down stairs to take people around the ship
- Docent on the SS Red Oak Victory
- Discover Mysteries in the Museum!
- Volunteer Recruiting On The SS...
- Deck Department On The SS Red...
- Electrician on SS Red Oak Victory
- Greeter on SS Red Oak Victory
- Rose Garden Crew
- Costume & Textile Collection...
- Steward on SS Red Oak Victory
- Volunteer Retail Associate on...
- Exhibit Installation Technician
- Digitization Technician