The Richmond Museum of History is located in the heart of downtown Richmond and is proud to be the oldest organization in West Contra Costa County dedicated to preserving local history. The Richmond Museum of History is housed in a Carnegie Library and owns the most significant collection of historical material and documents in the local area. The permanent collection was established in 1950 and is comprised of a variety of materials including textiles, fine art, archaeological collections, historical artifacts, documents, photographs.
The Museum staff is small but what we lack in capacity, we far make up for in enthusiasm and love for our work. The Richmond Museum of History is currently transitioning from a grassroots, volunteer lead effort to a professional nonprofit lead by academically trained staff. The staff is working to reinvigorate the museum, gain new support within the community and seeks to become more relevant to the modern residents of Richmond. Join us!
The Richmond Museum of History seeks assistance with all things information technology and networks. We are a small nonprofit with little to no IT help, so your expertise will be much appreciated.
This internship is part of Public Service Center's Challenging Poverty initiative
- Website Project Management
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- IT Help Desk
- Network Administration
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-4 hours per week or more
- Proficiency in network administration, WordPress platform
- Visitor Docent On the SS Red Oak...
- Discover Mysteries in the Museum!
- Information Technology Technician
- Help your community history...
- Richmond Museum of History...
- Help us keep our Museum beautiful!
- Carpenter for Local History Museum
- Volunteer Recruiting On The SS...
- Deck Department On The SS Red...
- Electrician on SS Red Oak Victory
- Greeter on SS Red Oak Victory
- Architectural Historian
- Help our community museum...
- Rose Garden Crew
- Steward on SS Red Oak Victory
- Public history research in local...
- Local History Museum Marketing...
- Administrative Assistant
- Graphic Designer needed to make...
- Docent, Public Programs &...