WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1580 Naglee AvenueSan Jose, CA 95126
Help your local library with a variety of services including organizing and displaying materials, shelving selected materials, assisting with programs and special projects, and other opportunities within the library.
- Shelf read/organize library materials
- Shelve selected materials assigned by staff
- Merchandize materials
- Welcome customers to the library and provide directional assistance
- Maintain the community bulletin board area
- Help maintain a clean and welcoming library environment which includes activities such as cleaning materials, dusting shelves, cleaning computers, cleaning tables, tidying the library, cleaning toys in the children's room, sweeping and picking up litter outside of the library.
- Help keep library collections in good condition
- Assist with programs and special projects which includes preparing materials, setting-up and breaking down the program space, and providing assistance during the program.
- Age 15 or older.
- Responsible and dependable
- Able to file alphabetically/numerically
- Able to follow directions
- Able to work independently
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers age 18 and over
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Mon. 1-3pm, Tues. 3-5pm, Wed. 1-3pm, Thurs. 1-3pm, Fri. 2-4pm, Sat. 2-4pm