Our Basic Needs Program offers families and individuals experiencing hunger, current or imminent homelessness, or other crises access to food, personal items, clothing, direct financial assistance, and referrals.
Since hunger is only one aspect of what people in crises are experiencing, we have a Licensed Social Worker managing the Basic Needs Pantry and offering specialized attention to each client.
In order to keep the flow of clients smooth and efficient, we are looking for a Basic Needs Pantry Shopping Assistant.
- Greeting clients & assisting with the check-in process
- Making sure each individual feels welcome and respected
- Teaching new clients the points system for shopping in the Pantry
- Helping clients through the shopping process
- Stocking shelves/ cleaning surfaces (as needed)
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 11:00am- 3:00pm
**Bilingual skills are highly preferred!
- Customer Service
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum Commitment: one day a week for one month