31 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: ADVOCACY INITIATIVE FOR DEVELOPMENT (AID)
Please visit the new page to apply.
31 people are interested
Responsible for all aspects of raising support from foundations, corporations, and government sources requiring proposals for projects related to our ourgnization's goals.
- Provide sufficient number and quality of prospects; to produce extensive institutional donor profiles; target appropriate ask amounts; and prioritize and evaluate prospects for corporate, foundation, and government grants.
- Develop and prioritize projects and proposals: meet and work with staffs to elicit projects and programs that need support; manage monthly meetings to vet projects and programs and set priorities for funding.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Develop and foster relationships with institutional funders: find personal connections with staff, board, trustees, volunteers, donors that will ensure the attention of institutional funders.
- Provide stewardship to current donors and provide regular written updates (newsletters etc) to corporate and foundation donors.
- Generate proposals for: unique projects and programs; unique institutional and individual funders.
- Write or supervise writing of all proposals, budgets, reports, and other ancillary materials.
- Manage existing grants by: tracking grants; developing internal reporting systems; writing reports; maintaining excellent historical records; working with staff to ensure each project or program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations.
- Monitor and manage grants income goal.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Supervise Grant Writer.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
- Proven track record with institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Experience with budget development and monitoring.
- Experience in program development.
- Knowledge of contracts and agreements preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with grant writing and management.
- Proven track record on raising money from foundation and government sources.
- Program development experience preferred.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
About ADVOCACY INITIATIVE FOR DEVELOPMENT (AID)
4229 S. Mobile Cir Apt D, AURORA, CO 80013, US
The Organization's mission is to promote and enhance the capabilities of children, youth and women in Africa to effect positive social change that would bring about development in their lives and communities.
AID is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization registered in the State of Washington, USA to Support Development in Africa. We advocate for the rights of humanity and render services for the holistic development of people and their communities.
Our main targets are Children, Youth, Women and minority groups because of the many challenging issues surrounding their growth and developments, especially in this part of the world where women, youth and children continue to face violence and abuse in their daily lives.
In a world where competition is high and the battle for survival is tough, and the available resources are limited despite the many raw materials with which the continent is endowed with, AID seeks to Educate and Advocate for equal access to opportunities regardless of gender, tribe or race and further provide relevant services for the survival and development of Africa.
A s we seek to promote human development holistically by tackling poverty through advocacy and service delivery at community, local and national levels, the organization does have several programs through which it has designed methods and strategies to reach its target beneficiaries at all levels.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 15, 2022
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Between 5 and 10 hours per week (flexible)