Business Development Services (BDS) Certification by AID-SL
Responsible for all aspects of raising support from foundations, corporations, and government sources requiring proposals for projects related to our ourgnization's goals.
- Provide sufficient number and quality of prospects; to produce extensive institutional donor profiles; target appropriate ask amounts; and prioritize and evaluate prospects for corporate, foundation, and government grants.
- Develop and prioritize projects and proposals: meet and work with staffs to elicit projects and programs that need support; manage monthly meetings to vet projects and programs and set priorities for funding.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Develop and foster relationships with institutional funders: find personal connections with staff, board, trustees, volunteers, donors that will ensure the attention of institutional funders.
- Provide stewardship to current donors and provide regular written updates (newsletters etc) to corporate and foundation donors.
- Generate proposals for: unique projects and programs; unique institutional and individual funders.
- Write or supervise writing of all proposals, budgets, reports, and other ancillary materials.
- Manage existing grants by: tracking grants; developing internal reporting systems; writing reports; maintaining excellent historical records; working with staff to ensure each project or program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations.
- Monitor and manage grants income goal.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Supervise Grant Writer.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
- Proven track record with institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Experience with budget development and monitoring.
- Experience in program development.
- Knowledge of contracts and agreements preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with grant writing and management.
- Proven track record on raising money from foundation and government sources.
- Program development experience preferred.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Between 5 and 10 hours per week (flexible)