****This is an Unpaid Internship
Position Title: Fundraising and Development Intern
Supervisor: Executive Director
Description of assignment:
Assisting the Executive Director, President, Marketing Director with facilitating ongoing development of donors for Chase After a Cure. Providing assistance in development and stewardship of donors/sponsors before, during and after all CAAC events, helping to maintain communication with donors, helping to facilitate tax letters to donors when need be, involved in thanking every donor/attendee/guest/sponsor. Assisting organizational staff and board with cultivating, stewarding, and developing all donor relationships. Development fundraising intern will help maintain donor data with the help of The Executive Director, staff and volunteer coordinator.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgment letters and other correspondence with Executive Director.
- Assist in donor visits
- Assist and attend face to face meetings with donors
- Assist Executive Director in ongoing communication with donors
- Assist with all tax recognition and tax letter mailings and overall tax info for donors in regards to their gifts.
- Maintain corporation and individual donor files.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Continually update and correct database records.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors.
- Assist in grant research including finding applicable grants and funding opportunities for CAAC.
- Coordinate production of mailings and appeal letters.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events.
- Prepare media materials for distribution. (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Assist planning of fundraising events with the support of Executive Director and assist in planning with the help of committees, volunteers and staff.
- Assist with the planning of various CAAC activities and events
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible and adjust to changing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Interest in non-profit organizations
- Strong personal interest in Chase After a Cure mission
- Administrative Support
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 or 3 days a week up to 6-8 hours a day
- Access to personal phone and computer to use in office and personal transportation