Seniors First offers a Recreation and Respite Adult Day program to provide activities for seniors with physical or cognitive impairments and respite for their caregivers.
Games, music, exercise, crafts, adventures with pets, and more are offered to participants of the Recreation & Respite Program, designed for the enjoyment of older adults with Alzheimer's or dementia and to provide much needed time off for their caregivers. The program is offered every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Twelve Bridges Library in Lincoln and every Tuesday and Wednesday at Seniors First in Auburn from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Volunteers are the heart of this program. This creative and energetic group forms one-on-one relationships with participants and works in small group settings to provide a reassuring presence, supervision, set-up, cleaning, lunch and snack duties, and sharing.
Volunteers add to the friendly atmosphere by:
- Offering companionship, support, and reassurance to participants.
- Supervising participants.
- Helping with program set-up, clean-up, and attending staff meetings.
- Assisting with snack and lunch.
- Sharing talents and interests creating a more enriched program.
- Elder care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 days a month at 5 hours a shift