The Community Learning Garden enhances the CityLink Vision and Mission by teaching and developing materials that help clients learn good gardening practices. This team fosters an appreciation for the earth its wholesome provision. As a member of the community learning garden team, you will assist clients in planting, growing, and harvesting sustainable produce.
By serving in the garden side-by-side clients, volunteers will have the opportunity to foster relationships as well as nurture plants, building community through working together.
- Teach proper gardening techniques
- Assist in planting vegetation and harvesting procedures
- Organize raised beds for growing vegetables
- Help with garden upkeep (thinning seedlings, weeding, watering, fertilizing, etc.)
Sign up for an upcoming Volunteer Orientation at:
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Mon: 8-10am, Wed: 9:45-11:30am, Friday 9:15-11:30a
- Ongoing Commitment (Monthly service preferred)
- Automotive Facilitator
- SmartMoney Workshop Facilitator
- Mock Interviewer
- AmeriCorps VISTA at CityLink...
- Automotive Detailing
- Family Center
- Service Coordinator Support -...
- Automotive Repair
- Clothing Connection
- Study Tables
- Providence Reading Essentials...
- Service Coordinator Support
- Resume Prep
- Job Search