Heartland Hospice is currently seeking volunteers to provide social support to hospice patients.
Hospice is a program designed to provide comfort to individuals with a prognosis of 6 months or less to live. Volunteers play an integral role in providing comfort to the patients simpyl by being there.
Volunteers go through a training with the volunteer coordinator to learn the details of hospice. Once trained, volunteers begin visiting with patients close to their own home. Visits are typically once per week for one hour. Volunteers are only present to provide comfort through emotional support and friendship. Volunteers are not required to have previous medical experience or perform any physical duties.
Opportunities are also available volunteering in the office.
Contact Heartland Hospice for more information.
- Music Therapy
- People Skills
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Make a lifelong impact-Volunteer...
- Volunteers needed in Suffolk,...
- Vigil Volunteers Needed
- Bereavement Program Volunteers...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed in...
- Vigil Volunteers for Hospice
- Hospice Volunteer
- Hospice Volunteers in Portsmouth
- Volunteer once per week in Norfolk
- Hospice Volunteers in...
- Hospice Friendly Visitor in...
- Suffolk Hospice Volunteers Needed
- Volunteer Once Per Week!
- Hair Stylist-Hospice
- Help those in need in Hospice!
- Medical Office Volunteering!
- Volunteer once a week in...
- Hospice Volunteering!
- Massage Therapy-Hospice
- Volunteer once per week!