Behind the Book’s (BtB) mission is to inspire New York City public school students to love reading by bringing accomplished authors and their books into classrooms, and creating rich, innovative literacy programs. Our programs take place in historically underserved K-12 public schools, and align to school curricula as well as the Common Core Learning Standards.
BtB’s Young Executive Board (YEB) provides young New York City professionals with the opportunity to develop their management and leadership skills while helping the organization make a difference in NYC public schools. The YEB members are ambassadors for BtB’s immersive literacy programs. They help BtB grow through fundraising, and using their skills and knowledge on behalf of the organization to expand its reach.
How it Works
As part of the YEB, you will volunteer your time and expertise to Behind the Book through outreach, fundraising, quarterly meetings, and strategic support. In addition to working alongside an intelligent and passionate group of young professionals, you will partner with the Board of Directors to help reach the direction and goals of the organization.
Components of a Stellar YEB Member
- You are passionate about reading and can rattle off your top-5 favorite books
without taking a breath.
- You have a network of 50+ in the New York City area.
- You are a fundraising whiz and know how to "rally the troops" to attend and support board events.
- You live and/or work in New York City.
- You are excited to get involved with an organization where you can make an immediate impact.
How to Apply
Complete our online application: http://buff.ly/1M6effN
Have More Questions? Contact the YEB Co-chairs!
Jessamyn Block: email@example.com
Kaitlyn Kotlowski: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-4 hours per week