ALOE is in need of a volunteer coordinator for STEM opportunties and events both in school and out of school. This person would recruit and train volunteers interested in mentoring and training youth in STEM programming.
Coordinates with: Volunteers, both ongoing and one time, as well as event sponsors
The Volunteer Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to identify, track and manage a corps of volunteers for the benefit of the agency.
- Manage volunteers and in-kind giving, including an email based network of giving.
- Through communication with schools, identify volunteer opportunities within the organization.
- Create volunteer application and application review process.
- Establish agency orientation, training and background check standards for volunteer positions.
- Assist with superving all interns.
- Set-up a database to track volunteers, their interests and availability.
- Create online portal for volunteer applications.
- Coordinate all background checks for volunteers.
- Communicate with schools and parents to assess youth needs.
- Increase public awareness of ALOE in the community.
- Be visible in the community as an advocate for the agency and the children and families we serve.
- Develop and cultivate assigned constituent relationships.
- Conduct outreach initiatives to expand volunteerism in support of agency programs.
- Prepare status reports as specified by the Executive Director.
- Attend Staff Meetings.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficiency in donor database software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Resource Development / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours a week