48 people are interested
The Tuskegee Cadet Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol, located at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) in Washington, DC, seeks volunteers with a background and interest in accounting and/or finance to help with the overall financial management of the unit’s programs.
Civil Air Patrol, the official auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, is a nonprofit organization with 58,000 members nationwide. In its Air Force Auxiliary role, CAP performs about 85 percent of continental U.S. inland search and rescue missions. Its unpaid professionals also perform homeland security, disaster relief, and drug interdiction missions at the request of federal, state, and local agencies. The members play a leading role in aerospace education and serve as mentors to more than 24,000 young people currently participating in CAP's Cadet Program. Visit www.capvolunteernow.com for more information.
The Tuskegee Cadet Squadron is the newest squadron in the National Capital Wing. This squadron is primarily dedicated to the implementation of the CAP Cadet Program, which encourages young people between the ages of 12 and 20 to develop leadership skills, meet physical and intellectual challenges, and serve their communities. A variety of other positions are available as well.
Location: Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, D.C.
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per month
- Serving as a member of the unit finance committee.
- Ensuring the finance committee meets at least quarterly and properly records its meeting minutes.
- Ensuring adequate accounting controls are in place.
- Assisting the Commander with developing and reviewing the annual budget.
- Ensuring proper approval of expenses.
- Ensuring all finance-related reporting requirements are met and mandatory documentation is completed by specified deadlines.
- Mentoring cadets with an interest in finance.
- Familiarizing themselves with the organization, missions, publications, and policies of the Civil Air Patrol.
- Regularly attending weekly squadron meetings, held on Monday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Background or strong interest in accounting, budgeting, and/or finance. Those possessing or working toward academic degrees in these areas are particularly encouraged to apply, but this is not a requirement.
- Strong organizational, people, and financial skills.
- Ability to enter data into and generate reports from an online database system.
- Aged 18 or older.
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all internal regulations and procedures.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Enthusiasm for community service and working with youth.
- Access to finance and leadership training and opportunities.
- Formal recognition of training, qualification, and experience through CAP's Financial Management Specialty Track.
- Training and mentoring available from higher headquarters personnel.
- Networking and training at Wing, Region, and National Conferences.
In addition to position-specific duties, all members are encouraged to participate in Civil Air Patrol’s Emergency Services, Aerospace Education, and Cadet Program missions. A wide variety of Emergency Services and other training opportunities are available if desired, though participation is not required.
To apply, please email a letter of interest to Major Jacob Gerstein at DC051-Recruiting@natcapwg.cap.gov with the subject line "DW: Finance".
17 More opportunities with Tuskegee Composite Squadron, Civil Air Patrol (U. S. Air Force Auxiliary)
We'll work with your schedule.
200 McChord Street (Hanger 1)Bldg #111Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB)Washington, DC 20032
- Financial Planning
- Financial Literacy
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per month
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all regulations & procedures.