The Resident Coordinator is an integral part of the team and plays a critical role in the overall development and enjoyment of its residents and the respect of its neighbors.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Welcome new residents (and establish contact with existing residents) and explain to them the resident services program, its offerings, and the RSC role in providing information and support in assisting residents interested in accessing local service resources.
- Establish resident services program targets. Consistently track and measure program target progress. Regularly report program outcomes to both internal and external stakeholders. Analyze and utilize outcomes data as the basis for continuous program improvement.
- Identify and assess individual and family needs when appropriate; inform the resident of available resources and provide support in accessing services successfully.
- Help to facilitate house meetings and organizing social activities if desired by residents.
- Develop supportive professional relationships with residents that help them enhance the quality of their lives, empower them and encourage them in taking the steps to achieve self-sufficiency.
- When requested, work with management in mediating conflicts between residents.
- Complete other housing and resident related assignments as directed by the supervisor.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
The successful candidate for the RSC position will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of human services preferred, plus a minimum of 1 year of experience working with women transitioning from correction facilities; or a minimum of 3 years of documented, successful experience in correction facilities work.
- A working knowledge of the local social service system or the proven ability to quickly develop such knowledge.
- The ability to identify, assess, select, develop and maintain community service referral partnerships that assist residents in achieving their life opportunities objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working with diverse populations.
- Intermediate to advanced level in technology skills (Microsoft Suite Applications - Excel, Word).
- The ability to establish, maintain, track, measure and report to stakeholders the program’s objectives and their efficacy in assisting residents to achieve their life opportunities objectives
What specialized knowledge and skills are required?
- Enthusiasm in working with people
- Experience with community organizing and the correctional facilities systems
- Some background and experience in maintaining a residential group home
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments that sometimes occur in a stressful environment
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer and technology proficient
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment approximately 50% of the time in carrying out administrative and/or technical assignments.
- Administrative Support
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- This is a Live-In Resident Coordinator Position.