Job Title: Massachusetts (DCR) Park Ranger Mounted Unit Volunteer
Work Location: Metro Boston Area
- Equine Park Program and/or Event Assistant - assist the park ranger and horse at public park programs and/or park events.
- Equine Administrative Assistant - Assist with administrative projects (marketing, fundraising, grant writing, public programs, etc.)
- Grant Writer - Assist with researching applicable grants
- Equestrian Assistant - Assist with exercising an assigned horse. Requirement for this position: Must be 2nd level dressage or better.
- Enhance college and job applications
- Nurture a spirit of cooperation and collaboration w/in your community
- Support environment sustainability by enhancing and protecting wildlife habitats and natural areas in parks
- Volunteer certificate of participation and/or completion upon assigned volunteer position
Requirements/Commitment: (All volunteer positions)
- Minimum 1x/month participation of park program, event and/or maintenance, which involves the mounted unit and equine community.
Examples of some programs, events or maintenance projects: Maple Sugaring Event @ Blue Hills Reservation and Breakheart Reservation (March), Equestrian Training Area Spring Clean-up @ Blue Hills Reservation/Canton (April)
- Intermediate to advanced horsemanship
- No allergies to hay, shavings, horses, horse products, etc.
- Ability to work with children, elderly, special needs and general public
READ ABOVE INFORMATION BEFORE APPLYING OR INQUIRING FURTHER!
- Administrative Support
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Animal Care / Handling
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1x per month (4 -8 hour shift)
- see description