4 people are interested
Museum Educators: 2nd-5th Grade History Field Trips
ORGANIZATION: Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
The Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum (CSPM) is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who enjoy working with children and have some experience with leading school activities. Volunteers are required to learn basic interpretive skills and to present the prepared programs per the Museum’s requirements. Volunteers must be open to feedback and be willing to learn, grow, and adapt. Volunteers must participate in a phone interview, shadowing session, complete a background check, and fulfill all CSPM orientation requirements.
- During a Hands on History field trip visiting 2nd-5th grade students are welcomed as a group, and then rotate between three 25-minute interactive stations. Each station focuses on a learning target developed according to Colorado Academic Standards for Social Studies.
- Volunteers are trained to lead one station at a time. During a shift they will lead that same 25 minute station three times in a row.
- School programs are offered Tuesdays-Fridays. Most groups arrive between 9am and 10am and the program lasts about 2.5 hours.
- We are flexible with volunteer schedules. Most volunteers lead a program a week, but some can only do a few programs a month. As long as there is some consistency and the volunteer commits to at least four months of service, we can make it work!
- Training is mostly "on the job." New volunteers shadow a station, eventually co-lead, and are then signed-off to lead on their own. Each September and January we hold required trainings for all volunteers to work on skills such as program structure, behavior management, interpretive techniques, and working with primary sources.
- Interested volunteers should complete an online application - https://www.cspm.org/support/volunteer/ - or please feel free to reach out to Meg Yevara, CSPM Program Coordinator, at 719-385-5631 or email@example.com.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum
215 S. Tejon Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903, US
At the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum we build a lasting connection to the Pikes Peak region by preserving and sharing our cultural history.
The CSPM preserves the unique history of the Pikes Peak Region in order to increase appreciation of our heritage and enrich the lives of citizens and visitors. Be part of the Museum Experience: http://www.cspm.org/
215 S. Tejon StreetColorado Springs, CO 80903
December 7, 2022
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- School programs are offered weekday mornings and last about 2.5 hours. We require a minimum four month commitment and typically volunteers lead one school program a week.
- Create a volunteer account (CERVIS). Complete a background check. Complete the CSPM volunteer orientation and sign a Volunteer Agreement and Informed Consent & Release. Participate in evaluation process and required training sessions.