If interested in volunteering, please go to our website and print out a copy of the volunteer application and send it to the address listed and you can also email it in if you wish.
As the overnight host your responsibilities would be to make sure the building is secure by:
- Checking the doors and making sure they are locked
- Checking on residents to see if all is well in the bunk area
- Conducting wake-up calls for residents that need to be up earlier then everyday wake-up call
- Oversee the morning chores by looking at completed chores and making sure they were done correctly
- Log Guests out for the day
- Secure building by locking all doors
- Making sure rules are followed and notifying the Guest House Coordinator/writting up guests who are breaking the rules.
The hours for this shift are 11PM-7AM but again we are willing to work with any schedule restrictions. This shift is currently our most challenging to fill and sometimes we have just a couple volunteers doing all 7 days a week!
You may also call me if you have any questions on any of the volunteer positions available at 563-495-1353
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 11PM-7AM Monday-Sunday
- Must be able to handle multitasking