If interested in volunteering, please go to our website and print out a copy of the volunteer application and send it to the address listed and you can also email it in if you wish.
The roll you play as the evening host is a very special one. When they get done with their intake and also their warrant check that is done by the Rescue Mission, they then come to us and Almost Homes intake process begins. At this point they are at a very low point in their lives and answering all the questions can be tedious and somewhat degrading. Thats why keeping a social aspect to our intake process is vital to making our guests feel like from this point forward they are going to be moving on with their lives, for the better. When they come through our doors you will take them into our admitting office and go over all the paperwork with them so that it can then be filed. Some other tasks include
- Welcome and register new guests
- Provide an overview of Guest House rules and functioning
- Give new guests a tour
- Check and log-in returning guests
- Make sure rules are followed and if not write up incident reports/call coordinator
- Simply chat and socialize with the guests
- Maintain the integrety of Almost Home
- Making sure rules are followed and notifying the Guest House Coordinator/writting up guests who are breaking the rules.
The hours fot this position are 6-10PM and 7-11PM but I'm more then willing to work with hours people are wanting. Also we are a seasonal overflow shelter so we are open from November 1st to April 30th.
You may also call me if you have any questions on any of the volunteer positions available at 563-495-1353.
- Problem Solving
- Office Management
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Life Coaching
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Any time you have available would be appreciated!
- Males only for the overnight shift