3rd Shift Site Captain
DONATE TO THIS
11 people are interested
5:00 AM to 7:30 AM once a week through May, 2019
Coordinate and oversee both breakfast and 3rd shift volunteers and be sure the following is achieved:
- Wake up all guests at 5:30AM
- Oversee guest clean-up, disinfecting and putting away pads, pillows, blankets.
- Oversee guest disposal of dirty linens for laundry service.
- Monitor use of restrooms and smoke breaks.
- Set up and serve simple breakfast at 6:15AM.
- Return guest ID cards and provide sack lunches as guests leave.
- Check building to ensure all guests have exited by 7:00AM.
- Remove garbage, discard in dumpster.
- Clean sleeping room, bathrooms, and kitchen.
- Do site check for cleanliness and order.
- Check area outside for trash; put away cigarette disposal can.
- Leave paperwork in designated area at shelter site.
- Dispose of expired milk, juice, bread, etc. from refrigerator.
About Housing Forward
1851 S. 9th Ave, Maywood, IL 60153, US
Housing Forward's mission is transition people from housing crisis to housing stability.
Since 1992, we have transformed the lives of more than 11,000 people by helping them meet their immediate housing and crisis needs, addressing their health and income needs and transitioning them back to housing stability. Today, we’re having long-term impact on the communities of west Cook County by 1.) preventing the loss of housing before it occurs, 2.) alleviating the need for long-term shelter, 3.) moving people into sustainable permanent housing solutions and 4.) improving housing retention.
545 S. East Ave848 Lake St1235 N. HarlemOak Park, IL 60302
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We will need this position to be held one night a week throughout the season. However we are interested in providing this opportunity several nights for those who are interested
- Please choose the location that is most convenient for you.