QUALIFICATIONS: Must be reliable and committed to the mission of BCAP. Will be a Board Member and act as President-elect.
DUTIES: Unstructured position and incumbent will define their own job; BCAP’s growth is governed by revenue and number of patients served; become familiar with our sources of revenue and amounts budgeted and will research and brainstorm possible untapped sources or methods; review our current outreach program and propose new or modified approaches for patient recruiting. This person would be groomed to become president of the organization as they will learn the ins and outs of BCAP.
TERM: Serve at least through December 2018.
BOARD MEMBER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must attend 8 of 10 annual board meetings
- Must participate in two major fundraisers by attending events, purchasing tables, inviting guests, obtaining silent auction items, helping to secure sponsors
- Must participate and attend in other events held on our behalf as they arise
- Must serve on or chair a committee
- Must serve on patient committee 1x year (the committee meets before each board meeting at 5:30 pm)
- Always seeks to find volunteers, sponsors, patients by sharing the mission statement of BCAP
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- Business Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment