Asian American LEAD Youth Leadership Empowerment and Development (AALEAD) is a youth development organization. Our mission is to support low-income and underserved Asian Pacific American youth with educational empowerment, identity development, and leadership opportunities through after school, summer, and mentoring programs. For more information, please visit our web site at www.aalead.org.
AALEAD’s VA Middle School Program primarily serves low-income and underserved Asian Pacific American middle school youth in 6th through 8th grades.
The program operates on site at Holmes Middle School Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30PM-4:30PM and Poe Middle School from 2:15PM - 4:45PM running through the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
Middle School Program Aides report to the Middle School Program Coordinator, Pallavi Rudraraju.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing classroom behavior,
- Assist Coordinator with sport, recreational, art, and extracurricular activities
- Carry out specific tasks, as directed by the Coordinator
- Notify AALEAD in advance when you are not available to volunteer
- Gain experience in areas of education and community-based non-profit work
- Build relationships with youth from our community
- Flexible scheduling
- Have fun with our students :)
- Time commitment is flexible and can be anywhere from 2-10 hours served Monday through Thursday during program hours
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a week