The Person Center is a private non-profit organization established to provide charitable, educational, and therapeutic services to the multicultural and multi-ethnic African immigrant communities in the Washington metropolitan area. The Person Center Serves African immigrants from many backgrounds especially African immigrant survivors of violence and war trauma.
The Person Center is searching for dedicated and enthusiastic interns. We are looking for a Social Media intern(s) who will partner with the team on the development and execution of a comprehensive social media strategy. The Social Media intern will be responsible for the successful management of all social media activities for the brand. This will include leading content generation across various social media channels and engaging with our social communities. Social Outlets consist of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities.
- Demonstrate ability to map out marketing strategy and measurements of success
- Develop, implement and assist in Marketing and PR strategies to promote website
- Helping create and develop other social media channels, including blogging, video, and photo
- Post content to social media accounts
- Create content for social media
- Work with others on team for strategy
- Maintain and expand department’s media contact databases
- Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, Business, English Majors, Art, Journalism Undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates
- Creativity when creating content
- Familiarity, proficiency, and advance knowledge of social media channels
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with particular attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft office suite, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Exemplary editing skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete tasks both individually and as part of a team
- Self-starter with ability to independently initiate and follow through with opportunities; strong problem-solver
- Willingness to perform all functions of his/her job with minimal or no administrative support
- Social Media / Blogging
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5 to 20 hrs/week. We will work with your Schedule.
- Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org