Volunteers for the After School Program
We are looking for individuals that want to be a positive change in a child’s life. The children in our after school program not only need help in certain school subjects, but they come to our program looking for a therapeutic environment that is conducive to their learning needs and having the right tutor and mentor is crucial in achieving this.
Ideally, volunteers will not just provide educational support, but transcend the role of a tutor and act as a mentor to our youth to be a positive influence in their lives.
Candidates should be able to tutor in numerous subjects: math, English, social science, physical science, etc. Experience in tutoring or mentoring is not required, but appreciated. Volunteers will also assist TLC staff with other tasks and ongoing projects: clean up, event set up, food preparation, etc.
Consistency is a crucial quality that we seek in candidates. Good, solid, healthy relationships for our youth require a consistent foundation and intermittent commitment is not conducive to an environment that is trying to foster better attitudes. Moreover, we seek genuine caring from our volunteers.
Thank you for wanting to share your time.
- General Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- At least 2 hours a week for 3 months
- Tutor-Mentor for Foster Children
- URGENT : Conduct and Lead...
- New Enriching & Unique...
- Volunteer for Summer School 2017
- Mentor and Tutors Urgently Needed
- Volunteers Needed to Support our...
- Volunteer Driver for the After...
- Volunteer for Summer Session 2017
- NEW AVAILABILITIES - Tutors &...
- Tutor-Mentor for foster teens