Tutor and Mentor for the Home Charter School Program
We are looking for individuals that want to be a positive change in a child’s life. The foster youth in the Home Charter School Program are in the process of catching up with their work to be at grade-level and it is our goal that they reintegrate into the high school where they were previously enrolled. We are a means to achieving their long-term success in devoting focused attention to each child and continually persisting through their challenges.
Ideally, tutors will not just provide educational support, but transcend the role of tutor and act as mentors to our youth to be a positive influence in their lives.
Candidates should be able to tutor in numerous subjects: math, English, social science, physical science, etc. Experience in tutoring or mentoring is not required, but appreciated.Consistency is a crucial quality that we seek in candidates. Good, solid, healthy relationships for our youth require a consistent foundation and intermittent commitment is not conducive to an environment that is trying to foster better attitudes. Moreover, we seek genuine caring from our volunteers.
- General Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 hours a week for 3 months
- Tutor-Mentor for Foster Children
- URGENT : Conduct and Lead...
- New Enriching & Unique...
- Volunteer for Summer School 2017
- Mentor and Tutors Urgently Needed
- Volunteers Needed to Support our...
- Volunteer Driver for the After...
- Volunteer for Summer Session 2017
- NEW AVAILABILITIES - Tutors &...
- Tutor-Mentor for foster teens