Position Description PARTNERSHIPS VOLUNTEER POSITION
SUMMARY: Communities In Schools of Atlanta is an organization dedicated to keeping kids in school, providing supports for promotion to the next grade and ultimately, preparing them for graduation and beyond through collaboration with our partnering school districts. The Partnerships Department is seeking a motivated and organized individual to assist with communicating our mission and impact by assisting with volunteer recruitment and management.
REPORTS TO: Partnerships Manager
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Volunteer (non-paid)
SPECIFIC DUTIES: Duties of the CIS of Atlanta Partnerships Volunteer Position include, but are not limited to the
- Posting volunteer opportunities based on needs of CIS of Atlanta supported schools to various volunteer sites
- Creating flyers, brochures, videos for posting to websites
- Maintaining volunteer hours in database system
- Preparing and sending tax donation letters to donors for In-kind contributions.
- Completing monthly report of activities
- Participating in weekly work reviews with the Partnerships Manager
- Attending CIS of Atlanta staff meetings as requested
- Carrying out other duties as determined by the Partnerships Manager.
- Currently pursuing a degree in non-profit management, public administration, philanthropic studies, liberal arts or a related field
- At least one year experience (paid OR volunteer) with a non-profit or community based organization
- Understanding of non-profit organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; versatile and possess the ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to work independently, show initiative, meet deadlines, and be resourceful
- Valid Georgia driver’s license. Occasional travel to/from schools in Atlanta, Clayton County, Fulton County and DeKalb County.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Hours: Approximately 10-15 hours per week, depending on the volunteer’s course requirements. Working hours will fall between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.; the schedule can be modified to fit with the volunteer’s course schedule.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested applicants may send a resume to Dionne Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Partnerships Volunteer Position" in the subject line. Deadline is Friday, February 19th or until the position has been filled. Please note that only the most qualified applicants will be notified. This is an unpaid Position averaging 10-15 hours per week located at the CIS of Atlanta Central Office in downtown Atlanta, GA.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours weekly