"Spending time with someone who is dying makes me realize what is truly important in my own life." - EvergreenHealth Hospice Volunteer
EvergreenHealth Hospice is seeking kind and caring individuals to share their time and talents with our hospice patients and their families.
The comprehensive training you receive will help you to open your heart to understanding the circumstances a hospice patient and their loved ones are facing, and give you the practical and emotional tools to feel confident about offering them the assistance you have been trained to provide. Compassionate presence, just sitting quietly with a patient is another skill our training will provide you with.
This assistance can include: running errands, playing card games, listening to a person's life story, reading or singing, playing or listening to music, or watching TV with a patient. A volunteer’s presence can help lessen a patient’s loneliness by providing them with companionship. And caregivers find relief when a volunteer comes by to stay with a patient while he or she enjoys some much needed personal time off.
Our volunteers can work in the community - in patient’s homes, adult family homes, and nursing homes - or in the hospice center. EvergreenHealth Hospice serves patients in King and Snohomish Counties and you are free to choose where your assignment will be.
Volunteers are integral members of the hospice team and receive support from their team including the social worker and nurse assigned to the family they are working with. Ongoing hospice education and friendly volunteer gatherings are offered throughout the year.
If you feel your heart responding to this type of service, and you would like to join our community of compassionate volunteers, contact us at GrpVolunteerHospiceBased@evergreenhealthcare.org
Or complete the application on the EvergreenHealth website:
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week for one year
- 3 full days of free training, free health clearance
- HOSPICE VOLUNTEER - FRIENDLY...
- SEATTLE MASSAGE VOLUNTEERS FOR...
- LAKE CITY HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS...
- ANIMAL ASSISTED THERAPY
- MUSIC VOLUNTEERS
- SHORELINE HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS...
- HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED IN...
- Animal Assisted Therapy Teams...
- MONROE HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- STARTUP HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Office Support for hospital...
- STANWOOD HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- NORTH SEATTLE HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS...
- SULTAN HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- HOSPICE VOLUNTEER-COMPASSIONATE...
- Love Dogs? Animal Assisted...
- REFLEXOLOGY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED IN...
- HOSPICE VOLUNTEER - RUNNING...
- REIKI VOLUNTEER FOR HOSPICE...
- HOSPICE VOLUNTEER - RESPITE