Help us inspire East Palo Alto youth to shape the future of their community, state, and country! We are looking for advisors to help lead our new Youth & Government delegation.
Youth & Government is a model legislature and court program for high school students across California. It's a wonderful opportunity for teens to engage with important social issues and experience democracy in action. This is our first year bringing this program to East Palo Alto and we need your help to make it a success!
- attend weekly meetings (Monday and Thursday evenings at 7 pm at the EPA YMCA)
- help participants choose an issue they care about, research and write a bill about it
- help participants practice debating and public speaking
- chaperone the group at 3 weekend conferences in November, January and February
Advisors should have interest or experience in the law and/or government and be comfortable working with high school aged youth. Prior experience with Youth & Government is a huge plus. Spanish proficiency is also a plus.
- Public Speaking
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Mon and Thurs 7 - 8:30 pm
- Interest in law/politics/government, experience working with teens
- Landscaping & Grounds Assistant
- Group Exercise Instructor
- Membership Assistant
- Professional Development Leader
- Administrative Assistant
- Health & Wellness Representative
- Facility Attendant
- Kids Club Assistant
- Develop East Palo Alto's future...
- ESL Instructor
- Health & Wellness Assistant
- Membership Representative
- Grants Assistant
- Gymnasium/Sports Attendant
- Marketing/Social Media Assistant
- Maintenance Assistant
- Activity Leader