Roxbury/North Dorchester Neighborhood Opportunity Center
The Roxbury/North Dorchester NOC provides emergency, general, and educational programs and services which seek to assist individuals and families to thrive. Currently, we are looking for dedicated interns who are interested in learning and demonstrating their ability to work in a diverse multicultural environment. Interns will learn how to use the intake as an assessment tool, complete follow- up calls, and document daily events.
- Assist in providing outreach to eligible clients through mail and telephone correspondence, including responding to client inquiries regarding programs and services offered
- Assist clients with filling out applications for services
- Maintain and update client files
- Contact clients whose applications need additional information
- Log in all winter heating emergency calls and direct calls to proper staff for assistance
- Assist in client intake, data entry, certification notice, and other administrative duties as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- High School diploma/GED required
- Must have prior experience in office work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bilingual skills preferred
Length of Commitment:
Ongoing at least 1 semester or during the summer
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
Flexible schedule for 10 to 25 hours per week between Monday and Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email email@example.com with subject line: Intake Intern.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Computer Instructor Volunteer
- Campaign Volunteer
- Video Editing Intern
- Food Pantry Volunteer
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Housing Search Intern
- Youth Academy Club Leader
- Intake Assistant Interns
- Senior Programs Intern
- Youth Academy Enrichment Class...
- Exercise Instructor Volunteer
- Youth Academy Tutor
- Data Entry Intern/Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- Housing Search Intern
- Family Services Interns
- Administrative Assistant -...
- Housing Resource Support Volunteer
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Community Planning and Research...