Fresh art's Board of Directors meets quarterly at a seniors residence in Lower Manhattan. Board members are asked to actively participate in the organizations activities such as helping with the annual benefit,participating in a board committee, attending exhibition openings and utilizing their skills to help the organization in whatever way is possible. A passion for the mission of fresh art is necessary. (www.freshartnyc.org) Board members serve for 3 years and longer if desired. An annual donation is requested.
A member of fresh art's Board of Directors would have the following responsibilites.
- To clarify the mission of fresh art and ensure it is carried out
- To participate in the development of the short and long-range plans of fresh art including budgets and programmatic plans and to oversee the implementation of such plans.
- To annually review the performance of the organization against its plans including the review and approval of annual financial audit
- To review annually the performance of the executive director
- To perform all duties in good faith, with reasonable care and in the best interest of the
- To focus on the organizations future.
- To participate in any one or more of the board committees
- To bring unique perspectives and experiences to the organization.
- To ensure the financial solvency of the not-for-profit.
- To strengthen the board itself
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 30
- 2-4 hours a month