Provides in-person advocacy, emotional support, information, referrals and systems advocacy for survivors of sexual assault who are undergoing a forensic examination. Responds to the Independent Forensic Center within 20 minutes of being called during assigned shifts. Attends ongoing training, meetings and supervision sessions. Completes and submits required service documentation as directed.
Volunteer Job Functions:
- Meet with survivors at the forensic center and stay with the survivor throughout the evidentiary exam as desired by the survivor.
- Act as a liaison between the survivor and other members of the Sexual Assault Response Team (law enforcement and Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners).
- Provide emotional support, information, and referrals to the survivor.
- Adhere to agency confidentiality standards.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 24 hours per month
- minimum of 1 year commitment