Members on the planning team are responsible for assisting with event logistics, marketing, sponsorships, volunteer coordination and day of implementation. Each walk is an event that is fully developed and executed by committed, enthusiastic volunteers who believe in the National MS Society’s mission to create a world free of MS.
- Design a safe, accessible and scenic route
- Organize rentals and in-kind donations
- Promote Walk MS by distributing materials/posters and working with local media
- Recruit, assign and train volunteers for day of event
- Set up/tear down, execute event, network with participants, volunteers and sponsors
- Attend monthly planning meeting
Time Commitment: 2-5 hours per week (more during month leading up to the event)
- Work independently and as a team member
- Leadership abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
- People Skills
- Event Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-5 hours per week (may increase closer to event)
- Must attend monthly committee meeting
- Walk MS: Appleton Planning Team
- Photographer for MS Snowmobile...
- Walk MS: Wausau Planning Team
- Walk MS: Menomonee Falls...
- Walk MS: Fond Du Lac Planning Team
- Volunteer Wisconsin AmeriCorps...
- In Kind Donation Volunteer
- Walk MS: Milwaukee Planning Team
- Administrative Volunteer
- Walk MS: Cedarburg Planning Team
- Walk MS: Kenosha-Racine Planning...
- Walk MS: Janesville Planning Team
- Spring Semester Development Intern
- Spring Semester Volunteer...
- Walk MS: La Crosse Planning Team
- Walk MS: Marshfield Planning Team
- Front Desk Receptionist
- Walk MS: Eau Claire Planning Team
- Walk MS: Madison Planning Team
- Walk MS: Sheboygan Planning Team