Do you love books--old and new? Do you enjoy hunting for treasures and learning about the values of books? Do you have 2-4 hours a week to meet new people, serve your community, help the environment, and contribute to a great cause?
Come volunteer at Ephrata Re-Uzit with Booksavers!
Three GREAT reasons to get invovled:
1. Our stores provide quality clothing, books, furniture, housewares, and more to local families at affordable prices.
2. We are very environmentally-minded: not only does thrift encourage and enable the responsible use and reuse of consumer goods--we recycle everything that we can't sell in our stores.
3. Proceeds from our stores benefit Mennonite Central Committee--an organization that has been operating relief, development, and peace programs at home and around the world since 1920.
A Volunteer Book Pre-Sorter with Ephrata Re-Uzit Stores, Inc. works in the Booksavers warehouse located at 1054 South State Street Ephrata, PA 17522.
Position duties include :
- Check donated books for quality.
- Sort quality books into three broad categories:
Books to be price-checked online and hopefully sold online
Books to be sold in the retail store
Books to be recycled
- Further sort retail books into retail categories (fiction, nonfiction, etc.)
- Further sort books to be recycled into categories related to the quality of their paper (you will be trained on this!)
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Library Sciences
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Any amount of hours on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
- Prior knowledge of books is helpful; Must be able to be on feet for shift and lift 25 lbs.