On-Farm Program Volunteers
5 people are interested
The Food Literacy Project provides transformative learning experiences through direct experience and learning by discovery at Oxmoor and Iroquois farms. During the school year, we invite students to have positive experiences growing and cooking healthful foods on working vegetables farms. During on-farm programs, youth are invited to get their hands dirty through harvesting and preparing vegetables while using all of their senses to explore their environment. The On-Farm Program Volunteer is essential to the on-farm programs in order to help educate and empower youth to engage with the earth and lead healthy lifestyles. Duties may include:
- Lead farm-based programming, including gardening and food preparation practices.
- Lead program participants in sensory exploration of the learning garden.
- Assist in cooking, washing dishware, and other necessary tasks.
- Assist with gardening activities, art projects, learning games, and other engaging exercises.
9001 Limehouse LaneLouisville, KY 40220
- General Education
- Environmental Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Five hours per shift, additional time for enrichment
- Enjoy working in the outdoor environment and is physically able to work in all weather conditions. Have a background in or interest in environmental education, sustainable agriculture, community food security, cooking, and/or nutrition.