The Nutrition Team advocates for the CityLink Vision and Mission by assisting clients in preparing and cooking weekly meals, cleaning up the kitchen, sharing tips on cooking and budgeting, and assisting instructors with the flow of the class. Volunteers leading classes share key nutritional information and give client’s tips for grocery shopping.
Food is an essential aspect of community. The Nutrition Team helps clients learn about what foods fuel a healthy body, but offers an opportunity for clients and volunteers to rally together to pursue holistic, healthy living.
- Teach clients how to prepare tasty, healthy, low-cost meals
- Assist in planning menus and designing curriculum (optional)
- Assist participants with skills, ideas, and solutions that enhance food/nutrition knowledge
- Work with groups of students to create meals while instructing on food preparation techniques, proper food handling, how to create healthy meals, and basic nutrition
- Provide assistance to participants throughout class as needed
- Facilitate participant clean-up tasks during and after class
- Set-up cooking class supplies and kitchen space before class each week with the support of other volunteer team members
Sign up for an upcoming Volunteer Orientation at:
- Cooking / Catering
- Teaching / Instruction
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Wednesday: 11:45am-1pm
- Ongoing Commitment (Monthly service preferred)
- Automotive Facilitator
- SmartMoney Workshop Facilitator
- Mock Interviewer
- AmeriCorps VISTA at CityLink...
- Automotive Detailing
- Family Center
- Service Coordinator Support -...
- Automotive Repair
- Clothing Connection
- Study Tables
- Providence Reading Essentials...
- Service Coordinator Support
- Resume Prep
- Job Search