Computer Skills team expands CityLink’s vision and mission through supporting and delivering computer software training. Helping individual clients to enhance their computer and typing skills. Volunteers will support a learning environment that is engaging and interactive.
Our Clients come from a myriad of life situations, and it can be daunting and uncomfortable to begin learning computer skills in a rapidly developing technical world. As a Computer Skills volunteer, you can bridge the technology gap, utilize personal expertise to share knowledge, help clients reach new technical understanding, and make the whole experience personable and encouraging.
- Teach and demonstrate any of the following skills utilizing a provided lesson plan: Basic Computer Skills, Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, And Word. Computers A-Z instructed by Cincinnati Public Library
- Provide one-on-one assistance to clients who need additional coaching in computer skills
- Ensure computers and other equipment are maintained and properly cared for
- Motivate participants to practice course material between class meeting times, open lab hours
- Critique and evaluate CityLink’s current curriculum, all input and good input
Sign up for an upcoming Volunteer Orientation at:
- Internet Research
- Google Apps
- Basic Computer Skills
- PC Platform
- Teaching / Instruction
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Tues: 9:45-12pm and Thurs: 5:45-8pm
- Ongoing Commitment (Monthly service preferred)
- Automotive Facilitator
- SmartMoney Workshop Facilitator
- Mock Interviewer
- AmeriCorps VISTA at CityLink...
- Automotive Detailing
- Family Center
- Service Coordinator Support -...
- Automotive Repair
- Clothing Connection
- Study Tables
- Providence Reading Essentials...
- Service Coordinator Support
- Resume Prep
- Job Search