Volunteer General Processor
6 people are interested
Do you enjoy scouring the shelves of thrift stores for interesting and unique items? Do you think it is important to reuse and recycle instead of throwing items away? Do you have 2-4 hours a week to meet new people, serve your community, help the environment, and contribute to a great cause?
Come volunteer at Ephrata Re-Uzit!
Three GREAT reasons to get invovled:
1. Our stores provide quality clothing, books, furniture, housewares, and more to local families at affordable prices.
2. We are very environmentally-minded: not only does thrift encourage and enable the responsible use and reuse of consumer goods--we recycle everything that we can't sell in our stores.
3. Proceeds from our stores benefit Mennonite Central Committee--an organization that has been operating relief, development, and peace programs at home and around the world since 1920.
Volunteer General Processor positions are available at both of our locations:
Ephrata Re-Uzit Shop at 20 East Main Street in Ephrata
Ephrata Re-Uzit Furniture & Books at 1054 South State Street in Ephrata
Ephrata Re-Uzit Shop:
- Clean donated items.
- Sort items according to condition.
- Determine item's value within the price guidelines provided.
- Assist in miscellaneous tasks related to sorting and processing donated items.
Ephrata Re-Uzit Furniture & Books:
- Clean furniture, small appliances, light fixtures, electronic devices, and other donated items as necessary.
- Assist in moving items as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
We'll work with your schedule.
20 East Main StreetEphrata, PA 175221054 South State StreetEphrata, PA 17522
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours weekly or bi-weekly