17 people are interested
Volunteer General Processor
17 people are interested
Do you enjoy scouring the shelves of thrift stores for interesting and unique items? Do you think it is important to reuse and recycle instead of throwing items away? Do you have 2-4 hours a week to meet new people, serve your community, help the environment, and contribute to a great cause?
Come volunteer at Ephrata Re-Uzit!
Three GREAT reasons to get invovled:
1. Our stores provide quality clothing, books, furniture, housewares, and more to local families at affordable prices.
2. We are very environmentally-minded: not only does thrift encourage and enable the responsible use and reuse of consumer goods--we recycle everything that we can't sell in our stores.
3. Proceeds from our stores benefit Mennonite Central Committee--an organization that has been operating relief, development, and peace programs at home and around the world since 1920.
Volunteer General Processor positions are available at both of our locations:
Ephrata Re-Uzit Shop at 20 East Main Street in Ephrata
Ephrata Re-Uzit Furniture & Books at 1054 South State Street in Ephrata
Ephrata Re-Uzit Shop:
- Clean donated items.
- Sort items according to condition.
- Determine item's value within the price guidelines provided.
- Assist in miscellaneous tasks related to sorting and processing donated items.
Ephrata Re-Uzit Furniture & Books:
- Clean furniture, small appliances, light fixtures, electronic devices, and other donated items as necessary.
- Assist in moving items as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
About REUZIT ON STATE
1054 South State Street, EPHRATA, PA 17522, US
The mission of ReUzit on State is to relieve poverty and assist those in need by selling merchandise, substantially all of which has been donated, and by providing funds to support the global program of the Mennonite Central Committee. ReUzit on State is a non-profit marketing program for Mennonite Central Committee. We commit ourselves to living our faith in action by: 1. Raising funds for Mennonite Central Committee by selling quality donated items at reasonable prices. 2. Practicing and promoting faithful stewardship and care for God's creation through the sharing of our gifts and the responsible use and reuse of our resources. 3. Offering a friendly, caring presence in the community. 4. Showing value and respect to all. 5. Strengthening interpersonal and inter-church relationships with people of all ages. 6. Fostering awareness of the mission of MCC locally and globally.
ReUzit on State is located at 1054 South State Street in Ephrata, PA. Our new facility opened September 17, 2019 and consolidated three separate locations. The store receives donations of gently used items including clothing, housewares, books, furniture, linens, appliances, etc. for resale. Proceeds are donated to Mennonite Central Committee, a relief, service, development and peace organization for programs in North America and around the world.
1054 S. State StreetEphrata, PA 17522
October 6, 2021
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours weekly or bi-weekly