The Clothing Connection Team supports CityLink’s mission and vision by familiarizing clients with the professional dress attire needed to wow potential employers during interviews. The Clothing Connection team will help client’s select professional clothing pieces to wear during job interviews. Volunteers in this role work one-on-one with CityLink clients who desire to further their aspirations by securing full-time employment.
As a Clothing Connection Volunteer you can inspire, increase, and highlight our Client’s sense of value and worth. And you have a unique opportunity to do that with something as simple as helping them "shop" for a new outfit.
- Conduct personal shopping sessions with CityLink clients
- Set up the client boutique using donated professional attire
- Upon completion of a one-on-one shopping session, neatly place unused items into clothing storage space.
- Client engagement:
- Make recommendations on appropriate attire
- Provide Honest feedback and reassurance through every step of the selection process
- Maintain a relationship with the shopper in a way that imparts confidence, thus impacting the trajectory of their lives
Sign up for an upcoming Volunteer Orientation - Thursday February 4th and March 3rd:
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Tue: 11:45a-2p & 5:45-8p Sat: 9:45a-12p, 11:45a-2p
- Ongoing Commitment (Monthly service preferred)
- Automotive Facilitator
- SmartMoney Workshop Facilitator
- Mock Interviewer
- AmeriCorps VISTA at CityLink...
- Automotive Detailing
- Family Center
- Service Coordinator Support -...
- Automotive Repair
- Clothing Connection
- Study Tables
- Providence Reading Essentials...
- Service Coordinator Support
- Resume Prep
- Job Search