PREP tutors support CityLink’s vision and mission by helping clients advance their reading skills to a level necessary for GED class. PREP Tutors will find great reward in the joy of clients who are gaining more confidence in their ability to read.
Literacy is a basic part of functioning in our everyday world. PREP needs patient and motivational volunteers willing to take the time to foster client reading potential though an extensive phonics program.
- Work with Logic of English curriculum to help client to improve reading skills
- Effectively navigate and administer Logic of English lessons
- Work with a diverse group of students (ages, literacy levels, backgrounds, etc.)
- Arrive on time
Sign up for an upcoming Volunteer Orientation at:
- Adult Education
- Reading Comprehension
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Mon-Thurs: 12:45-3:30pm
- Ongoing Commitment (Monthly service preferred)
- Automotive Facilitator
- SmartMoney Workshop Facilitator
- Mock Interviewer
- AmeriCorps VISTA at CityLink...
- Automotive Detailing
- Family Center
- Service Coordinator Support -...
- Automotive Repair
- Clothing Connection
- Study Tables
- Providence Reading Essentials...
- Service Coordinator Support
- Resume Prep
- Job Search