Study Tables Volunteers support CityLink’s vision and mission by helping providing clients with additional guided practice with math, reading, and/or language skills needed for the GED test, post-secondary education and/or employment. Our group study sessions are held regularly and are led and supported by volunteers.
Study Tables is a face-to-face opportunity to pour into clients with support and encouragement as they persevere toward learning goals. Learning can get tedious and frustrating, so a positive word and the willingness to help can make all the difference.
- Assist student in achieving a better understanding of a specific subject
- Work 1:1 with student to improve academic skills
- Utilize level-appropriate materials from GED books provided by our Education partner (Cincinnati Public Schools) or CCR’s workbooks/worksheets
- Work with diverse group of students (ages, literacy levels, backgrounds, etc.)
- Arrive on time
Sign up for an upcoming Volunteer Orientation - Thursday February 4th and March 3rd:
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Mon-Thurs: 12:45-3pm
- Ongoing Commitment (Monthly service preferred)
- Automotive Facilitator
- SmartMoney Workshop Facilitator
- Mock Interviewer
- AmeriCorps VISTA at CityLink...
- Automotive Detailing
- Family Center
- Service Coordinator Support -...
- Automotive Repair
- Clothing Connection
- Study Tables
- Providence Reading Essentials...
- Service Coordinator Support
- Resume Prep
- Job Search