Job Search volunteers sustain CityLink’s vision and mission by helping clients with job search and the electronic application process. Finding gainful employment is a game changer, and aiding in the process is beyond rewarding.
It can be frustrating for Clients to job search for hours every day, but having someone lend a compassionate ear or an encouraging word can help break down the process to make the task seem more feasible and less intimidating. You may assist with computer skills, help find leads, and overall give support.
Assist clients with job search process:
- Submitting electronic resumes and cover letters
- Provide assistance in minor resume editing and development as needed
- Navigate clients through Career Builder and electronic applications
- Check for misspellings, grammar errors, filled spaces etc.
Provide light Administrative Support duties:
- Make copies/get materials ready for Workshop/Tidy up
- Clean desktop by deleting saved files and emptying the Recycling Bin
Sign up for an upcoming Volunteer Orientation at:
- Internet Research
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Professional Development
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- M-TH: 10-12pm, 11:30-1:30pm, 1-3pm Sat: 9:30-2pm
- Ongoing Commitment (Monthly service preferred)
- Automotive Facilitator
- SmartMoney Workshop Facilitator
- Mock Interviewer
- AmeriCorps VISTA at CityLink...
- Automotive Detailing
- Family Center
- Service Coordinator Support -...
- Automotive Repair
- Clothing Connection
- Study Tables
- Providence Reading Essentials...
- Service Coordinator Support
- Resume Prep
- Job Search