Did you serve in the Military? Did you know that 25% of all deaths each year (about 680,000) are Veterans? Help these heroes at the end of their lives by becoming a Veteran-to-Veteran hospice volunteer. With so many veteran in our community, you have a real opportunity to honor a veteran by providing a listening ear and creating a sacred space that only another veteran can share.
Contact Cesslie Joy Pharr, Volunteer Coordinator at Brookdale Hospice 719-268-2582 or firstname.lastname@example.org and make a positive difference in the life of a Veteran hospice patient today.
Brookdale Hospice provides an individualized program of physical, emotional and practical care for the patient with emphasis on pain control and symptom management. Hospice care represents a full spectrum of care designed to respect the dignity of an individual facing a terminal illness. Our program emphasizes comfort, dignity and respect. We believe that centering our focus on both the patient and family enables us to provide the best care.
Serious inquiries only: must be able to pass a background check, drug screen and two-step TB test.
- Veteran Care
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Crisis Intervention
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- One hour per week
- Heart for serving fellow veterans. Pass drug screen, background check and two-step TB test
- Read to Hospice Patients
- Card-playing Hospice Volunteer
- Vigil Volunteer
- Awesome Office Administrator
- Join Our Hospice Companionship...
- Sing to (and with) a Hospice...
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Hospice Volunteer Orientation:...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed!
- Hospice Companion Volunteer
- Animal Companions for Hospice...
- Ivory Tickler for Hospice Patients