Did you serve in the Military? Did you know that 25% of all deaths each year (about 680,000) are Veterans? Help these heroes at the end of their lives by becoming a Veteran-to-Veteran hospice volunteer. With so many veteran in our community, you have a real opportunity to honor a veteran by providing a listening ear and creating a sacred space that only another veteran can share.
Contact Cesslie Joy Pharr, Volunteer Coordinator at Brookdale Hospice 719-268-2582 or email@example.com and make a positive difference in the life of a Veteran hospice patient today.
Brookdale Hospice provides an individualized program of physical, emotional and practical care for the patient with emphasis on pain control and symptom management. Our program emphasizes comfort, dignity and respect, and we believe that centering our focus on both the patient and family enables us to provide the best care. Serious interested parties only, please. **For Patient Safety: must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, TB 2-step test. Possess current driver's license and vehicle insurance (if you drive to patient's residence)**
- Veteran Care
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Crisis Intervention
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1/2 an hour to an hour a week. Flexible
- Heart for serving fellow veterans. Military background / family
- Read to Hospice Patients
- Join Our Hospice Companionship...
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Revel to Read? Read to Brookdale...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed!
- Ivory Tickler for Hospice Patients
- Card-playing Hospice Volunteer
- Vigil Volunteer
- Awesome Office Administrator
- Sing to (and with) a Hospice...
- Hospice Volunteer Orientation:...
- Hospice Volunteer Companion
- Animal Companions for Hospice...