12 people are interested
Sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold & a heart to understand. Become a Hospice Volunteer!
ORGANIZATION: Brighton Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
Help enrich someone's last moments by becoming a Hospice Volunteer!
Brighton Hospice is guided by our commitment to excellence to provide patient centered care.
Brighton Hospice MN is seeking compassionate individuals throughout Edina and surrounding suburbs to provide support to our patients at end of life in the following capacities:
- Companionship (sending a card, talking on the phone, reading to patients, conversation, life review)
- Vigil (bedside calming support for patient and/or family during final hours)
- Certified Pet Therapy Volunteers
- Bereavement (sending sympathy cards to families, support phone calls, assisting with support groups)
- Admin/office (assembling admission packets, supply inventory organization, mailings)
If you are interested in sharing your gift of time with our patients, please reach out and a Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch to discuss the volunteer opportunities available in your area in more detail. You can also find us on the web at www.brightonhospice.com.
Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. ~Sally Koch
About Brighton Hospice
4500 Park Glen Road, Suite 475, St Louis Park, MN 55416, US
Our mission at Brighton Hospice is to provide the best physical, emotional, and spiritual care for our patients and their families. We achieve our mission by hiring the most compassionate and skilled people in the industry who deliver clinical expertise and exceed our patient's expectations. We cultivate an environment where our team members are valued, respected, and provided personal and professional growth opportunities. Our leaders focus on supporting the clinical team so they can concentrate on patient care. We are always guided by our commitment to excellence.
Hospice is designed to provide comfort and support to patients, so they may live out the last phase of their lives with dignity in a familiar setting. The goal of hospice care is to improve the quality of a patient’s last months by offering comfort, dignity and care in a familiar setting, whether that be in the patient’s own home, assisted living, or skilled nursing facility. Brighton Hospice recognizes that the dying process is a part of the normal process of living and focuses on enhancing the quality of remaining life. Our team is made up of our Medical Director, Director of Nursing, nurse case managers, hospice aides, social worker, chaplain, a dietitian, volunteers, and a stellar support team. We are able to provide many levels of care for hospice, including: Routine Home Care, General Inpatient Care, Respite Care, and Continuous Care. Brighton Hospice will provide you and your family with the quality care you deserve.
Edina MN and Surrounding AreasEdina, MN 55343
May 9, 2022
- Elder care
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, about 2-4 hours a month
- Cleared MN Background Check, 12 hours of training, negative TB test, completed Covid Vaccinations, if unvaccinated approved exemption with weekly covid testing, and positive character references required prior to volunteering.