Spend time around horses, learn to groom and tack them, all while enabling an individual with disabilities to have a safe therapeutic riding lesson.
Wings of Hope Equitherapy's mission is to provide equine assisted activities to children and adults with physical, mental, and emotional challenges.
Walk with rider and horse during an hour weekly lesson to provide support and to allow the rider the opportunity to learn tools to use in their everyday life.
No horse experience is required!
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years old.
- Able to walk for 1 hour over uneven ground.
- Able to effectively communicate with rider, instructor, and other volunteer.
- Commit to the same day and time each week.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours a week`
- Physically able to walk for 1 hour over uneven ground