Do you want to help provide food and support to your neighbors in need? Volunteer at the Food Shelf to help stock shelves, shop alongside your neighbors, or help out in the warehouse.
WBAEFS Food Shelf volunteers are responsible for helping to create a welcoming and positive environment for our neighbors. Market Volunteers help to greet neighbors upon arrival and assist with shopping by explaining the shopping process, offering assistance with bagging and departure. Stocking Volunteers help maintain a clean and visually appealing market area by restocking as needed as well as organizing shelves and ensuring freshness of food products. Warehouse Volunteers help accept, weigh, sort and shelve food deliveries. See below for specific days/times.
- Food Shelf Market Volunteers are scheduled during our daily shopping hours for 3-hour shifts.
- Food Shelf Stocking Volunteers are scheduled for 2-hour shifts daily.
- Warehouse/receiving Volunteers serve a 2 1/2 hour shift sorting and recieving food deliveries.
Help is needed:
Stocking Volunteers-- Mondays and/or Fridays 8:00-10:00 am and Tuesdays and/or Thursdays 2:00-4:00 pm
Market Volunteers-- Tuesdays 4:30-7:30 pm, Mondays and/or Fridays 9:30 am-12:30 pm
Warehouse/recieving Volunteers - Tuesdays 1:30-4:00 pm
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours once a week or every other week
- Desire to help provide food and support to your neighbors in need.