Enjoy working with kids? Want to make a difference in the lives of low-income children and families? Come be a part of Circles and support families in your community that are overcoming poverty. Our weekly meetings in Provo, Orem and Salem host classes and individualized support teams to empower individuals setting goals and making life changes. Children are taught and develop friendships with each other and the volunteers in a secure environment. It is our hope that we can make a positive difference in their lives by providing learning opportunities, routine and needed friendship. Our children's program could not be made possible without a sufficient number of fun and nurturing volunteers! Come join us for two and a half hours, once a week for free dinner and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children!
- Build relationships with children and their families through dinner and interaction each week at the Circles Weekly Meeting
- Ensure children are participating and listening during lesson time, often providing one-on-one attention
- Read to a child
- Help with homework
- Provide positive attention to the children during their free-play time
- Give insight and opinions about how we could improve
Seeing positive changes in the children’s behavior and skill sets through consistent personal interaction.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must consent to and pass an FBI and state background check
- Read, sign and follow childcare rules, code of conduct, and confidentiality policies
- Compassionate, patient, a sense of humor and enjoys children!
Time Frame/Site Location:
- Two hours, one weeknight per week (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday)
- A minimum four-month commitment (because the $34 background checks are paid for by Community Action)
- Volunteers will be working at one of our three chapters in Utah Valley: Provo, Orem or Spanish Fork. Volunteers will typically have a choice of which site is most convenient for them to work.
Supervision: Volunteers are supervised by two coordinators that train and communicate week-to-week changes and feedback on a regular basis.
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children
- Free weekly meal
- Opportunity to build friendships within volunteer circle
Contact Lindsay at email@example.com for more information!
Thank you for your interest in making a lasting difference!
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Special Needs
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/weekly for at least 4 months