Enjoy working with kids? Want to make a difference in the lives of low-income children and families? Come be a part of Circles and support families in your community that are overcoming poverty. Our weekly meetings in Provo, American Fork and Salem host classes and individualized support teams to empower individuals setting goals and making life changes. Children are taught and develop friendships with each other and the volunteers in a secure environment. It is our hope that we can make a positive difference in their lives by providing learning opportunities, routine and needed friendship. Our children's program could not be made possible without a sufficient number of fun and nurturing volunteers! Come join us for two and a half hours, once a week for free dinner and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children!
Seeing positive changes in the children’s behavior and skill sets through consistent personal interaction.
Time Frame/Site Location:
- Two hours, one weeknight per week (Provo -Tuesday, American Fork -Wednesday or Salem - Thursday)
- A minimum four-month commitment (because the $35 background checks are paid for by Community Action)
Supervision: Volunteers are supervised by two coordinators that train and communicate week-to-week changes and feedback on a regular basis.
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children
- Free weekly meal
- Opportunity to build friendships within volunteer circle
*Must be at least 18 years old and consent to a background check.
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Special Needs
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2 hours/weekly for at least 4 months