Visitor Center Assistant French Quarter
22 people are interested
Volunteer is responsible for staffing the information desk at the French Quarter Visitor Center.
Description of Duties
Provide information, politely and competently, about park programs and policies to the visiting public. Operate cash register in accordance with established procedures for Eastern National Park Association transactions.
Benefits to VIP:
- Personal enrichment and experience working in a national park setting
- Retail training and experience
- Experience in communicating with people of diverse cultures
Goal/Outcome of job:
- Provide efficient, courteous services, and helpful information to park visitors
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Knowledge of local area and resources helpful
- Retail sales experience helpful
- Bi-lingual language skills helpful
- Familiarity with NPS history, policies, rules, regulations, legislation, and similar guidelines.
Volunteer will need to spend a major portion of the work time standing; volunteer may be asked to drive a government-owned vehicle to pick up supplies within the park.
Visitor Center Desk volunteer will work under the supervision of the park Supervisory Park Ranger.
Work is performed primarily indoors.
Supervisors: Gaynell Brady & Cidney Webster (onsite)
Project Duration: Ongoing
Hours per week: 4
We'll work with your schedule.
Jean Lafitte National Historical Park & PreserveFrench Quarter Visitor Center419 Decatur StreetNew Orleans, LA 70130
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Hours per month: 8 hour min, Hours per week: 4