Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide comfort touch to patients in care facilities or their home. Comfort touch is a very gentle touch applied to patients using light lotions or oils. It is a style of massage that gives special consideration to the physical and emotional needs.
Submit accurate and objective volunteer time summary and patient/client contact reports.
Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Attend required training sessions.
Comfort touch does not require a license or certification, but certified massage therapists will need to submit a copy of their license. Excellent listening skills (verbal and non verbal), empathy, sensitivity and awareness. Warmth and acceptance, understanding. Ability to be comfortable with people in emotional distress. Awareness of personal limitations. Reliable and flexible. Able to maintain healthy boundaries for self and client. Preferably, someone who has not experienced a personal loss within the past year
Complete a new volunteer application.
Valid Colorado driver’s license.
Annual proof of current automobile liability insurance
Pass a Criminal Background Check
Time Commitment & Training:
3-4 patients visits per month. Time per visit varies depending on the comfort level of the patient.
Must be available to volunteer for at least one year.
Attend required agency training course.
Attend required annual back care and infection control sessions.
Participate in 20 hours of continuing education annually.
- People Skills
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 visits with patients per month
- Companion Visitor for Hospice...
- Music Enrichment/Therapy...
- Massage Therapy Volunteer Needed...
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Volunteers needed for Nonprofit...
- Respite Visitor for Hospice...
- Administrative Assistant...
- Massage/Comfort Touch Volunteer...
- Companion Volunteers Needed for...
- Art Enrichment Volunteer Needed...
- Aromatherapy Volunteers Needed...
- Certified Therapy Dogs Needed
- Licensed Cosmetologist Wanted to...