Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide a break for care givers by staying with their family member for a few hours in their home. Sit and visit with the patient, read to or provide quiet support. Submit accurate and objective volunteer time summary and patient/client contact reports.
Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Attend required training sessions.
Excellent listening skills (verbal and non-verbal), empathy, sensitivity and awareness, warmth and acceptance, ability to be comfortable with people in emotional distress, patience, sense of humor, awareness of personal limitations, reliability, flexibility and availability, ability to set limits for self and client.
Complete a new volunteer application.
Valid Colorado driver’s license.
Annual proof of current automobile liability insurance with a minimum coverage of $100,000.
Pass a Criminal Background Check
Time Commitment & Training:
3-4 patients visits per month. Time per visit varies but typically up to 3 hours.
Must be available to volunteer for at least one year.
Attend required agency training course.
Participate in 20 hours of continuing education annually.
- People Skills
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Up to 3 hours per visit. Dates vary.
- Sewing Group Project
- Companion Visitor for Hospice...
- Companion Volunteers Needed for...
- Music Enrichment/Therapy...
- Aromatherapy Volunteers Needed...
- Certified Therapy Dogs Needed
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Volunteers needed for Nonprofit...
- Respite Visitor for Hospice...
- Administrative Assistant...
- Massage/Comfort Touch Volunteer...
- Soup Kit Project