Duties & Responsibilities:
Visit patients who are in a care facility, on a regular basis, to provide socialization and support. Sit and visit with the patient, read to, go outside or help with an activity.
Submit accurate and objective volunteer time summary and patient/client contact reports.
Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Attend required training sessions.
Excellent listening skills (verbal and non verbal), empathy, sensitivity and awareness. Warmth and acceptance, understanding and knowledge of the grief process. Ability to be comfortable with people in emotional distress. Awareness of personal limitations. Reliable and flexible. Able to maintain healthy boundaries for self and client. Preferably, someone who has not experienced a personal loss within the past year
Complete a new volunteer application.
Valid Colorado driver’s license.
Annual proof of current automobile liability insurance with a minimum coverage of $100,000.
Pass a Criminal Background Check
Time Commitment & Training:
3-4 patients visits per month. Time per visit varies but typically up to 2 hours.
Must be available to volunteer for at least one year.
Attend required agency training course.
Participate in 20 hours of continuing education annually.
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 visits per month preferred
- Companion Visitor for Hospice...
- Music Enrichment/Therapy...
- Massage Therapy Volunteer Needed...
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Volunteers needed for Nonprofit...
- Respite Visitor for Hospice...
- Administrative Assistant...
- Massage/Comfort Touch Volunteer...
- Companion Volunteers Needed for...
- Art Enrichment Volunteer Needed...
- Aromatherapy Volunteers Needed...
- Certified Therapy Dogs Needed
- Licensed Cosmetologist Wanted to...