The duties would be built up based on the volunteers under this category and the director may recruit for assistance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinates and oversees volunteers in the needed areas below.
- Bailouts: Coordinates OCAS bailouts (identify, bailout, vet, return/relocate colony cats impounded by OCAS) which may involve providing/finding someone to provide temporary boarding
- Medical: Responds to requests for medical assistance following protocol outlined in P&P including meds and vet referrals
- OCAS liaison: Works with county staff to mediate complaints and disputes
- May require taking on some roles directly
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and willing to make decisions
- Be able to attend monthly board meetings held in the evenings in central Orlando
- Frequent contact via email and phone
- Knowledge of common cat ailments/injuries and proper treatments
- Experience handling feral cats
- Understands the goals of Trap, Neuter, Return (TNR)
- Believe in the CARE Feline TNR mission
RELATED SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE:
- Interent access - required
- Email - required
- Experience serving on board of directors (especially non-profit) - preferred
- Familiarity with Google Docs preferred but not required - we will train you
- Previous TNR experience and experience with feral cats - required
The duties for this position may be modified at times to better serve our goals.
Approximate hours required is variable and highly dependent on your ability to recruit assistants and delegate assignments.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Send your qualifications to the email provided with a decription of why you would like to volunteer with us and something about yourself. We will respond if we think you may be a match.
- General Education
- Critical Thinking
- Resource Development / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- Approximate hours required is variable
- Must attend monthly Board meetings