Seeking Experienced Board Members
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
The Lyme Disease Resource Center, Inc. of Northampton, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, is looking to add local talented individuals with strong leadership qualities to its Board of Directors.
The Lyme Disease Resource Center’s mission is to be a peer guided, supportive and safe place for those living with Lyme Disease, and their care partners, sharing strategies and resources for living well.
Our values are nurturing a culture of transparency, selfless service and community. We offer support groups, benefit consultations, and referrals to other organizations as needed.
Our organization has provided information and education at regional Lyme and tick borne illness events. Free programing includes workshops and support groups for the public and our clients. Holistic supportive therapies are offered free of charge to those with tick borne illness and their care partners.
"...to provide clients and care partners with tick-borne disease a place to find guidance and emotional support on a path to wellness"
"...to educate the community by providing: material, forums and workshops on the issues surrounding tick-borne disease."
"...to advocate for better education, knowledge, treatment and awareness of tick-borne diseases."
"...to connect tick-borne disease support and educational groups across Massachusetts and beyond."
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A commitment to and understanding of the LDRC’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills with a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and facilitating a consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of the LDRC’s beneficiaries
- Professional experience with executive leadership and accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Attend monthly board meetings. Meetings are the 2nd Tuesday of each month, from 6pm-8pm in the Northampton, MA area. Skype is available as a reasonable accommodation for disability and weather related travel emergencies.
- Commitment as a board member is a 2 year term
- Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by LDRC’s mission, and programs.
- Representing LDRC to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Become familiar with LDRC’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of LDRC.
- Supporting the Executive Director and board president in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the Executive Director and board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Ensuring LDRC’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the community that LDRC serves
- LDRC Board Members will consider LDRC a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that LDRC can credibly solicit contributions from other sources, it is expected of all board members to make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
We'll work with your schedule.
243 King Street Suite 248PO Box 171Northampton, MA 01060
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Strategic Planning
- Critical Thinking
- Brand Development & Messaging
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 10+ hours per month
- Monthly meetings the 2nd Wednesday of each month in the Northampton, MA area.